Apogee Groove is the best portable USB DAC and headphone amp for listening to music. Groove takes the same high-quality audio technology found in the world’s most prestigious recording studios and delivers it to your Mac, PC, and now, iPhones and iPads.
Groove supports conversion of hi-resolution and lossless audio playback all the way up to 24-bit / 192kHz sample rates.
To connect Apogee Groove to your iPhone or iPad (with Lightning connectors), you will need:
- iPhone or iPad (Lightning or USB-C)
- Apogee Groove with USB-A cable
- Apple’s Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
- Apple’s Power Adapter and Lightning cable
Steps for the connection:
- Connect an Apple Lightning cable between your Apple Power Adapter and the Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter.
- Connect USB 3 Camera Adapter to iPhone or iPad
- Connect Apogee Groove to USB 3 Camera Adapter
Here are pictures:
If you have iPad Pro with a USB-C connector, simply connect Groove directly to iPad Pro using the USB-C cable that came with Groove. No adapters or external power supply is needed!
Troubleshooting tip! If you find this is not powering the Groove up make sure you have the higher wattage power adapter for your iPad. Using a lower wattage Power Adapter from an iPhone will not pass enough power for both Groove and iPad.